Installing ACPT Extensions on Your Server
If you want to use ACPT on your own server, you will need to setup the Tableau Extensions so that your workbooks can link to them.
Prerequisite: You need to have ACP installed on your server.
- Tableau server requires port 80, so IIS needs to be on a different port.
- On your website add a folder where you will place the extensions. Here I will use the extensions example folder.
- Add the extensions to this folder. At a minimum you will need the Acpsettings extension. Here I am going to add the Userinput, UserId and Maps extensions as well. You can get the extension folders zipped up on the wiki here: ACPT Extension File Hub
- Download the zip archives then extract the extensions archives to individual folders in the windows folder you created in your website.
You should be able to see the extensions files in IIS:
- Modify the trex files for each extension. They will be in the folder for each of the extensions. Trex files are what Tableau server uses to link to the actual extension’s html file. So you will need to point the trex file to the appropriate file on your server (here it is in the same folder as the trex file, but we need to tell tableau server where it is as a url). Here I will open the acpSettings.trex file in notepad++:
- Once I have the file opened in a text editor, I will edit the url of the extension to match my website as shown here. Tableau is case sensitive.
- Save the file and repeat for any other extension you are going to use in your workbooks.
Open tableau server as an administrator and add these extensions to your tableau server permissions.
- Click Settings
- In the Settings page click the Extensions tab
- Check the checkbox to let users run extensions
- Now you need to enable each extension by whitelisting the the url to the extension’s html file. Click "+add URL" in the section for enabling specific extensions.
This will enter a new blank text field.
- Enter the link to your extension in the url text field - here the acpsettings.html file is in the extensions example folder. Note that all extensions must be https unless they are using localhost.
- Change the allow/deny pulldown menu to allow fulldata access.
- Select hide user prompts (they can be annoying if you have to clear the prompt every time you open a worksheet with the extension on it).
- Press the Save button
- You should see a success message
Now you should be able to use the extensions as described in the wiki: ACPT Tableau Extensions
- ACPT - Analytica with Tableau
- ACPT Architecture
- ACPT: Installation and Setup
- ACPT Tableau Extensions
- Installing ACPT Extensions on Your Server
- ACPT Extension File Hub