Your implementation should allow the user to select a file, or if your are implementing a web-based application, you may allow him to upload a file.
After the file is read, the IAdeUICallbacks::FileOpenCompleted() is called. If your application has uploaded a file to a temporary location, you can safely delete the temporary file here.
The method is not called if the dialog is unnecessary.
- «function»: the identifier of the built-in function that is requesting the filename. E.g., "SpreadsheetOpen", "ReadTextFile", "ReadImageFile", or "ReadExportFile".
- «directory»: The current directory.
- «extensions»: A list of file extensions to filter for. When there is more that one possible extension, they are separated by a double bar, "||". Each extension has two parts, separated by a single bar, "|". The first part is a list of wild cards such as "*.txt;*.dat", each wildcard separated by semi-colons. The second part is a user-friendly description of the extension. For example, SpreadsheetOpen may provide the following filter:
"*.xl*;*.csv|Excel Files (*.xl*;*.csv)||*.*|All Files (*.*)"
- «caption»: The recommended title or caption text for a file open dialog.
- «callingIdent»: A CAObject pointer to the user-object in the model that is calling the build-in function.