CumPrinc(rate, nper, pv, start_per, end_per, type)
The cumulative principal received on an annuity (with periodic payments and constant interest rate) between «start_per» and «end_per» inclusive. A negative number represents cumulative principal paid.
- The interest rate per period.
- The total number of periods in the annuity's lifetime.
- The present value.
- If you receive a loan, this is the loan amount as a positive number.
- If you give someone a loan, this is a negative number.
- First period included in the sum.
- Last period included in the sum.
- (Optional) Indicates whether payments are at the beginning of the period.
True= Payments due at beginning of period, with first payment due immediately.
False= Payments due at end of period. (default)
Index n := start_per..end_per Do Sum(PPmt(rate, n, nper, pv, 0, type), I)
Five years ago, you took out a 30-year fixed rate mortgage at a rate of 6.5% for an initial loan of $350K. How much equity have you paid for during the first five years?
-CumPrinc(6.5%/12, 30*12, $350K,1, 5*12) → $22,361.58