Analytica Cloud Platform
The Analytica Cloud Platform (ACP) lets you run Analytica models via a web browser, and share your models with other people. This page explains the advantages of ACP, how to use ACP, the different ACP subscriptions, with links to subpages with more detail.
Why use ACP?
- ACP lets you view and run any Analytica model as a web application.
- ACP users don’t need to install any software. They just need a web browser.
- Running a model in ACP is similar to Analytica in browse mode. You can view model influence diagrams and objects, change inputs, and compute results as tables and graphs. But you can't edit model expressions or add variables.
- When you deploy a model via ACP, you can be sure that all users have the latest version of a model and any data -- which is not so easy when you distribute a model and data for end users to run with desktop Analytica.
- ACP offers several useful user-interface and navigation styles convenient for web applications, which are not available in Analytica on the desktop, including:
How to use ACP
- Any Analytica user (even with Analytica Free) can sign up for an ACP account at acp.analytica.com. Enter your email address and a password, then press Sign up. ACP will email you a link to verify your email address, and then you can sign in. Or you can use a Gmail or other Google sign in and if your password is saved in your browser you will signed in to a new individual account..
- In the ACP Models page, click the Upload button to upload an Analytica model to run in ACP.
- Upload a model to ACP directly from inside Analytica. Just select Publish to Cloud from the File menu.
- The first time you Publish to Cloud, it prompts you to start an ACP account.
- With your ACP account, you can log in to ACP from a web browser and select a model to run.
- An ACP account includes a project folder on the server that lets you review, start, share, upload, and download your models.
- You can email anyone a link to let them run your ACP model. Just click the Invite button at the bottom of the model.
- With a Group Account, an Admin can add users as Reviewers, Authors (who can upload new models), or other Admins. You can also create new Projects, each with a directory of models and data.
- ACP models can import and export data as CSV files, spreadsheets, or databases, just like Analytica.
- For more, view the Analytica Cloud Platform (ACP) video
Capabilities by ACP subscription type
Every Analytica user can create an ACP account and upload models to run in it. Even with Analytica Free, you have 25 free sessions. If you have a current subscription or support, you get 25 sessions per month. You can always buy more sessions. With a Group Account, you can create projects with multiple users, 10 for a Basic Group Account, and 25 users for a Premium Group Account. These all run on servers hosted by Lumina. You can also buy an ACP Server license to run on a dedicated server that you can host yourself.
Individual Account Individual Account Group Account Group Account Free
or expired Support
Analytica Subscription or Support Basic Premium ACP Server License Publish Models ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Email Invites & Anonymous Views ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Named Users & Roles ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Access Control ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Save ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Shared Project Folders ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Sessions 25 total 25/month 500/month 1200/month No limit Maximum Number of Users 1 1 10 25 No limit Additional Sessions $25 for 25 sessions $25 for 25 sessions $25 for 25 sessions $25 for 25 sessions No limit Maximum File Size 25 MB 25 MB 50MB 100MB 200 MB CPU minutes per calculation 1 minute 1 minute 2 minutes 5 minutes No limit Optimizer ✗ ✗ ✗ ✓ Available add-on Price Free Free $2,000/year $5,000/year Call (+1) 650-212-1212 or Sales@Lumina.com
- A session is one or more model runs.
- A session starts when you first run a model after logging into ACP.
- A session ends when you log out. It may log you out automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- When someone runs a model from a link you emailed or posted on a web page, it uses one of your sessions.
- Viewing model listings without running a model does not use a session.
- The free 25 sessions with Analytica Free (or with expired support) never expire.
- The 25 free sessions per month with a subscription expire after each month.
- If you need extra sessions you can Buy ACP Session Credits at $1 each, in units of $25 per 25 sessions.
- You can buy a Basic Group Plan at https://lumina.com/purchase-analytica/. To buy a Premium Group Plan, call (+1) 650-212-1212 or email@example.com.
- See the table above for limits on file sizes and CPU Minutes per calculation. Note that a calculation that takes, say, 2 CPU minutes may take longer to run in elapsed time when many users are running models on the same server.
ACP Group Plans
See also ACP Group Accounts.
- A Group Plan lets multiple users run and share models with a single account.
- A group plan can have multiple Projects, each containing a directory of models and data.
- Each user has their own account and password and can access only Projects of which they are a member.
- Each user may have a role in each Project, as a
- Reviewer, who can run models, upload and download data, and save snapshots (models with changed data)
- Author who can also upload and delete models, or a
- Manager, who can also add or change roles of other users on a Project (including other managers).
- A Subscription Admin user can create or delete Projects.
ACP Server License
You may purchase an ACP license to install on a dedicated server. This lets you have many more users and/or run computationally intensive models without having to share server resources with other customers. You can install it on a server behind your organization's firewall on a corporate intranet for extra security for confidential or proprietary models and data. See ACP Server License
Analytica Cloud Platform is a secure way to share models:
- ACP uses a https for data transfer
- Data input is not saved unless the user explicitly saves the model or a copy.
- You can also lock and encrypt models so that all or parts of a model are hidden even if someone accesses the file
- Editions of Analytica
- ACP Group account features
- Differences between ACP and Desktop Analytica
- Analytica Cloud Platform (ACP) Webinar
- Tutorial: Sharing a model with ACP
- ACP Style Library
- ACP: Explanation of some features not mentioned elsewhere
- ACP Rendering tables and graphs on the diagram
- Tables in ACP
- ACP Diagram Sizes
- Embed an ACP model in a Web Page
- ACP Server License
- ACP Server Needs
- To install ACP
- What's new in ACP?
- ACP page of the Analytica user guide
- Example models:
- Play the Rent vs. Buy model in ACP. The Rent vs. Buy model is an example model used in the Analytica Tutorial. It compares the Net Present Value of renting vs. buying a house. Model navigation is fairly intuitive. You can switch diagrams by clicking on modules or selecting different modules in the outline tree located on the left side of the diagram. Move the mouse over a node to see its description. Clicking on a variable displays its result graph or table. Select the Object tab to view the node's attributes, notably its definition.
- Play the Foxes and Hares model in ACP. The Foxes and Hares model is a predator-prey example model also used in the Tutorial. When playing this model ACP adds beveled gradients and drop shadows to nodes on the influence diagram. The hover highlight is set to 'Glow'. Also, the default tabbed UI has been removed. You can see node descriptions and node ID's when you move the cursor over a node. It displays model results directly on the diagram.