Analytica 5.0 beta Release Notes/Changes in 5.0.14
This page lists changes in Analytica and ADE build 5.0.14 beta since the previous 5.0.13 beta.
- Cell-format and number format dialog would take a very long time to appear in gigantic tables with cell-level formats.
- DashDotDot border style didn't offset correctly in the vertical direction, so that it often didn't show as DashDotDot when cell heights were short.
- Added the ability to copy an image from a table cell and paste it into a diagram or external program as an image.
- The ODBC library didn't handle table names correctly. The User-Defined functions there didn't recognize multi-level table names, such as
dbo.[My table]. Instead of forming, e.g.,
[dbo].[My table], it formed
[dbo.My table], which didn't work.
- Enhanced arithmetic operators (+, -, *, /, ^) to avoid computations when it can figure out from the evaluation context that the result will be ignored. This speeds up evaluation in some circumstances, but more importantly it avoids a problem that was causing the error "Cannot use + to concatenate two text values" to appear when it should not have appeared (because text should not have been added together).
Mod(x, y, pos)didn't work correctly when an array was passed for
- The Mod function now uses fixed-point arithmetic without any round-off error when x and y are both fixed-point or integer numbers. It was doing non-integer cases using floating-point arithmetic, which is subject to round-off error.
- A graph that used a value (rather than an index) for the color role was showing the wrong number of distinct colors.
- "Function Index" link added to the Help menu.
- The "Unrecognized identifier" parse error has two options: Edit Definition and Create Variable. Create Variable had been the default option (if you just press enter instead of clicking on a button). Changed this to make Edit Definition the default.
- Fixed a case in which the output from a previous typescript window command appeared in the error message box for an error that occurred later.
- The Domain attribute is now shown for Time, in the same manner as for other user variables. (I.e., always present in the attribute panel pulldown; visible in the Object Window when enabled in the Attrbutes dialog).
OnChange / OnClick
- Since the result of OnChange and OnClick isn't used, it now avoids collecting the final result, which can save time and in some cases avoid some errors.
- ADE was unable to find the installed Gurobi. It was looking in the wrong registry hive.
- There is an experimental feature for internal Lumina testing in ACP, in which SpreadsheetOpen uses a different method to launch Excel. We have several ACP applications that integrate with Excel, and have had a lot of problems with Excel's instability adversely impacting other parts of the server. This feature is not yet exposed outside of internal Lumina testing. Note: This experimental method is used only if turned turned on in a special registry setting, so if you are using ADE without this setting, your app will be using the original method.