Open this wiki from Analytica
When you are running Analytica, you might want to learn about a feature or find a function you need. Here are ways to link from inside Analytica directly to a wiki page in your default web browser.
A simple way is to select the Analytica Help meny, and select the User Guide, Optimizer, Tutorial, or Analytica wiki:
- Each of these opens the relevant wiki page, Analytica User Guide, Optimizer, Analytica Tutorial, or the Analytica Wiki home page. (In Analytica releases prior to Analytica 5.0 the first three options actually open the PDF document for the User Guide, Optimizer, and Tutorial, respectively. These wiki versions have several advantages over the PDF documents:
- They contain numerous clickable cross-links;
- You can search all of them at once using the search box at the top right of this page or from the Find dialog (ctrl-F) inside Analytica;
- They are continuously updated; and
- You can comment on them or improve them yourself in the wiki.
Open the Find dialog and select Wiki
- Press control+F (or select Find from the Object menu) to open the Find dialog.
- Type in search text, which could be a concept, function, or feature.
- Click the wiki button
It will open the wiki in a browser tab and search it for the text you entered.
Right-click on Definition for Wiki help for a system function
To see wiki help for any function in a Definition:
- Double-click the identifier of a function in the definition of a varaible, say, NPV, to select it.
- Right click to open the context menu
- Select Wiki help on NPV to open its wiki page with a full description and examples:
From the Definition menu (if your cursor is not inside a Definition), select any function or system variable to open its Object window, and see its Description. If you want more details, click on the blue wiki help link at the end of the Description, for example:
It opens an Object window looking like this:
Click the blue link Wiki help on Factorial(...) to open its wiki page.