Analytica Cloud Player
The Analytica Cloud Player (ACP) lets you view, run, and share Analytica models via a web browser. When running Analytica on the desktop, you can upload the model to an ACP server by selecting Publish to Cloud... from the File menu. This page explains the advantages of ACP, how to use ACP, the different ACP subscriptions, with links to subpages with more detail.
Advantages of ACP
- ACP lets people view and run Analytica models as a web application.
- ACP users don’t need to install any software. They just need a web browser.
- ACP is similar to Analytica in browse mode. It lets you view and run models, and change inputs, but it doesn’t let you edit model expressions or add variables.
- You can be sure that all users of your model via ACP have the latest version of a model and its data -- not so easy if you are distributing a model to end users to run with desktop Analytica.
- ACP offers some user-interface and navigation styles not available in Analytica to help you can adapt your model’s user interface for convenient use on the web:
How do you use ACP?
- You can upload your model to ACP immediately from inside Analytica. Just select Publish to Cloud from the File menu.
- The first time, it will prompt you to start up an ACP account.
- It gives you a directory for managing, starting, sharing, and downloading your models in ACP.
- Once you have set up your ACP account, you can log in to ACP to access your account from a web browser.
- You can also upload your model to ACP from the web browser. Log in to ACP from a browser and click the Upload button at the bottom of the model directory. It will prompt you for a model to upload from your computer.
- You can email anyone a link to your ACP model, or embed the link in a web page. With this link, a user can review model, change inputs, and view outputs, but not save changes. Just log in to ACP from a browser and press the Invite button at the bottom of the model directory to generate an Invite email. The link shown in the email can be used to access the model as a guest.
Learn how to use Analytica Cloud Player, for better collaboration and productivity in the recorded Analytica Cloud Player (ACP) Webinar
Features by ACP subscription type
Individual Account with Free 101
or without Analytica Support
Individual Account with
Basic Group Account Premium Group Account ACP Server License Publish Models ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Email Invites & Anonymous Views ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Named Users & Roles ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Access Control ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Save Snapshots ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Shared Project Folders ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Customizable Logo ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Sessions 25 total 25 / month 500 / month 1200 / month Unlimited Maximum Number of Users 1 1 10 25 Unlimited Additional Sessions $25 for 25 sessions $25 for 25 sessions $25 for 25 sessions $25 for 25 sessions Unlimited Maximum File Size 25 MB 25 MB 50MB 200MB 200 MB CPU minutes per calculation 1 minute 1 minute 2 minutes 5 minutes Unlimited Optimizer ✗ ✗ ✗ ✓ Available add-on Price Free Free, included
$5,000/year Call (+1) 650-212-1212 or Sales@Lumina.com
- A session is one or model runs between log ins.
- A session starts when you first run a model after logging into ACP.
- A session ends after a run of 20 minutes of inactivity, when switching to a different browser is used, or when you log out.
- Viewing model listings does not use a session.
- If you need extra sessions you can Buy ACP Session Credits at at $25 per 25 sessions.
- You can buy a Basic Group Plan at Buy/Renew ACP Group Plan. To buy a Premium Group Plan, call (+1) 650-212-1212 or email@example.com.
- The initial 25 sessions for an Individual Account without support never expire. Monthly sessions expire after one month.
- Maximum model file size is 25MB for individual accounts, 50MB for the Basic Group Plan, and 200MB for the Premium Group Plan or ACP Server License.
- CPU Minutes per calculation: For large calculations (e.g. when you click a variable to display), ACP will time out after 1 minute of CPU time for Individual Accounts, 2 minutes for the Basic Group Plan, 5 minutes for the Premium Group Plan, and no limit for ACP on your server. The server is shared, so 2 CPU minutes may take quite a bit more than 2 actual minutes.
A Basic or Premium Group Plan
See also ACP Group Accounts.
- Multiple users can collaborate on a Group plan.
- Each user has their own account and password.
- Users can be Reviewers (run and read only), Authors (can also upload and delete models), or Administrators (can also set up people as Reviewers and Authors).
- A group plan can have multiple Projects containing a directory of models.
- Each user can be a member of selected Projects. You can’t see models in a Project unless you are member.
- Lumina logo at upper left corner of ACP window can be changed to your organization's logo.
ACP Server Licenser
You may purchase an ACP license to install on your own server. This lets your users run more or larger models without having to share server resources with other customers. It also lets you access it via a corporate intranet and apply extra security for confidential or proprietary models and data. See ACP Server License
Analytica Cloud Player is a secure way to share models:
- ACP uses a https for data transfer
- Data input is not saved unless the user explicitly saves a snapshot of the model
- Snapshots are private by default (although the user can change them to public)
- When a model is uploaded or saved, it can be encrypted using the "lock and encrypt model feature"
- Editions of Analytica
- Differences between ACP and Desktop Analytica
- Analytica Cloud Player (ACP) Webinar
- Tutorial: Sharing a model with ACP
- ACP Server License
- Analytica Tablet - ACP on an Ipad
- ACP Style Library
- CloudPlayerStyles Attribute Values
- ACP: Explanation of some features not mentioned elsewhere
- Miscellaneous ACP Group account features
- ACP Rendering tables and graphs on the diagram
- ACP Diagram Sizes
- Embed an ACP model in a Web Page
- Save Snapshots in ACP
- Transferring Data Between ACP and Desktop Analytica
- Spreadsheets and text files in ACP
- What's new in ACP?
- Special ACP features
- Future ACP Features
- ACP page of the Analytica user guide
- Example models:
- Play the Rent vs. Buy model in ACP. The Rent vs. Buy model is an example model used in the Analytica Tutorial. It compares the Net Present Value of renting vs. buying a house. Model navigation is fairly intuitive. You can switch diagrams by clicking on modules or selecting different modules in the outline tree located on the left side of the diagram. Clicking on a variable displays its result graph or table. Move the mouse over a node to see its description. Right click on a node and select 'Object view' from the popup menu to view the node's attributes in the object tab, notably its definition.
- Play the Foxes and Hares model in ACP. The Foxes and Hares model is a predator-prey example model also used in the Tutorial. When playing this model ACP adds beveled gradients and drop shadows to nodes on the influence diagram. Also, the default tabbed UI has been removed. You can see node descriptions and definitions when you move the cursor over a node. It displays model results directly on the diagram.